Goals and Missions
Goals & Mission
Fundamental Goals of Iran’s National Petrochemical Company
Macro - planning, policy - making, regulation, preparation of and supporting sustainable development of the industry for improving people’s quality of life.
Fundamental Goals: Definitions
Macro - Planning
- Designing strategy and developing the roadmap for the sustainable development of Iran’s petrochemical industry in accordance with the country’s facilities and capabilities as well as the changes in national and global industrial arenas.
- The roadmap will serve as a guide for private investors.
Policy - making
- Designing and proposing policies that have the potential to be accepted by the company and the government, and get passed by the parliament. The policies aim to encourage and attract private investors in order to fulfill the goals and the macro plans of the industry.
- As the investments in the petrochemical industry are generally made by the private sector, the designed policies can create incentives so that the private investor can act on the basis of the roadmap and in line with Iran’s national and economic interests.
- A set of industrial standards are set and a monitoring system is put in place to protect public and national interest and that of the whole petrochemical industry, prevent exclusivity and encourage a competitive environment.
- The standards will have a supervisory effect on controlling externality in areas such as environment, safety and security, transparency and accuracy of the information provided to customers ,and protection of the customers’ rights. These factors are considered to be the minimum necessary technical qualities of every product.
- Planning and paving the way for the creation of the necessary physical infrastructure such as transportation, energy and water as well as the educational infrastructure for the establishment and development of the petrochemical industry.
- In order to build the physical infrastructure, the company first develops the necessary policies and incentives for the participation of the non-governmental sector, but if it fails to do so, it then creates the infrastructure as a joint project or independently and then hands it over to the non-governmental sector to put it into operation.
- Studying the hurdles and legal problems of the sustainable development of the petrochemical industry and trying to resolve them
- Exploring the problems and bottlenecks of production units in areas such as development, exploitation of production capacities, finances, human resources, marketing and sale, and technology and trying to resolve them through political and administrative channels.
NPC Core Values
Value generation, accountability, commitment to sustainable development
- Prioritizing activities and measures that create added value in line with the company’s fundamental goals
- Activities that do not create added value are not considered to be potentially significant.
- Being accountable to stakeholdres and for the measures taken by the company is considered to be a value and anything that goes against it , is treated as a counter-value.
Commitment to Sustainable Development
- Committing to the industry’s sustainable development in different areas such as protecting the environment, social health, optimization of recyclable resources and the growth of national capacities for the endogenous and sustainable growth of the industry.
As a developmental organization, Iran’s National Petrochemical Company relies on more than half a century of efficient experience and its human and intellectual resources with a crude selling reduction approach and the completion of the value chain, to facilitate and support the sustainable development of the petrochemical industry through macro - planning, policy - making, regulation and preparation.
The company plays a key role in the economic development of the country and improving the people’s quality of life by emphasizing the social responsibility that it has for protecting the environment and national resources, appreciating the generation of value, accountability and respect for the rights of stakeholders.
The most efficient developmental organization in the field of petrochemicals in West Asia.